Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 365 - 6251 miles in 1 year!

Well it was exactly 1 year ago that I started training for JOGLE!

I didnt really know what I was getting myself into, but I have REALLY enjoyed it so far! I have changed, my attitude has changed, my approach to things has changed, I am more tolerant of things that dont go my way and I am totaly amazed of what I have accomplished so far and what I am able to do! I always knew that I had a lot of will power, but the extent of my madness has even surprised me!

I have NO idea exactly how much weight I have lost in the last 12 months but I would hazard a guess that it is about 5 stones.


Me a year ago...


Me a week ago!

I have run out of holes in belts and had to replace them, old tight shirts are now very loose on me, ALL of my suits are to big!

So in 1 year I have cycled 6251 miles! If we concider my average speed to be 15mph and my weight to be 97.5 Kg that equates to 406,250 calories in 416 hours 40 minutes!

When I got home today I got changed and went straight out on the Chippenham -> Calne -> Lyneham -> Dauntsey -> Chippenham 'Normal 20' ride.

The first time I did the ride was on April 26th last year and it took me 2 hours and 4 minutes, today it took me 1 hour and 9 minutes with an average speed of 18 mph!

The RunGPS plot of todays ride can be found here...

I am now looking forward to the next 12 months of riding :-)

No comments: