Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 370

Got in from work, got changed and went straight out on the bike :-)

There was very little wind and the sun was still out and it was lovely and warm :-) - Acording to Lyneham Met office it was 17.2 degrees C with a 3 mph Northerly wind.

I was a bit unsure about going out for a ride today as my legs were still aching a bit from the weekends exercise, but after a mile or so everything freed up and I was going along great guns :-)

As I cycled through Sutton Benger I glanced at the RunGPS screen and it showed an average speed of 19.4 mph! After the long grind from Draycot Cerne to Kington Langley I had scrubbed a few points off of that :-(
I still made it home with an average speed of 19.1 mph :-)

I usually use my Monday and Thursday 20 mile training rides to push the speed a little - its not a flat ride by any means but it is a constant that I can judge myself against, the Wednesday is to climb some hills and Saturday and Sunday is for endurance.

The fastest I have done my 20 to-date is 18.5 mph so to get a .6mph increase is staggering!

The cycle computer had today's ride as 21.36 miles in 1 hour 6 minutes with an average speed of 19.1 mph :-)

The RunGPS plot of today's ride can be found here...

No comments: