Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 361 (Saturday)

Went to bed very early last night, after having Garlic Mushroom starter, 16 oz steak main meal and 3 pints of cider :-)

After my physical exertion of yesterday and the cider you would think I would sleep straight through without a thought! unfortuantely I didnt, the cider did what cider does, I needed a pee, then unfortunately the sound of the river did what the sound of running water does....I needed a pee, my leg muscles did what leg muscles do after to much exertion and no proper stretching/massage, they cramped up!!!!

But I did sleep, and when the morning came I did feel good! Wifey n me took Rosie (dog) for a country walk towards Lynmouth.



To start of with my right knee was very stiff, but after a short climb everything started working normaly and I had no tinges or issues :-)

When we got back to the camp site I pigged out on a an 'Exmoor Challenge' humungous big breakfast - Which I polished of, leaving NO scraps on the plate at all :-)

We spent the morning exploring North Devon, traveling down the Porlock Toll road instead of Porlock Hill, stopping for lunch at a pub in Porlock Weir :-)

We headed home retracing my route of yesterday, untill we got to Bridgewater then we headed straight up the M5 and M4. And yes I do believe I was right I spent most of my ride from Bridgewater to Lynmouth going up hill!

When we got back home I washed and oiled the Merida then went out on my 'Normal 20' ride.

I had NO knee issues untill I got to Lyneham then it started twinging, I kept the gears down and attempted to NOT overdo it.

The cycle computer had today's ride as 21.55 miles in 1 hour 21 minutes with an average speed of 15.9 mph

The RunGPS plot of todays ride can be found here...

No comments: