Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 362 (Sunday)

Slept incredibly well, got up with no knee pain at all, so I decided to tweak some bike adjustments a little and go for a nice 35 mile ride.

I raised the saddle 1/2 cm and adjusted the right hand cleat to twist my heel out (On advice this was what was needed)

I set off up Old Derry Hill and immediately my knee started aching, and it felt wrong! When I got to the top I stopped and adjusted the cleat so my heel was slightly in, and raised the saddle another 1/2 cm. Immediately everything felt right :-) The only time I felt any knee pain was when I twisted my leg i.e. Starting of from a standstill etc.

The rest of the ride felt good, I went down through Sandy Lane, Heddington, Stockley, Compton Bassett, Tockenham, Dauntsey, Foxham, Avon, East Tytherton, Stanley Lane and then Home.

The cycle computer had the ride as 35.84 miles in 2 hours 21 minutes with an average speed of 15.2 mph

The RunGPS plot of the ride can be found here...

It was nice to be able to ride without the twinging knee pain, I hope that the lack of pain today means I have got the cleat perfect, I guess the proof will come from another long ride!!!

No comments: