Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 377

Got home from work, it was very wet and looked like it may rain again so I opted for a ride on the Dawes.

It felt very strange! very heavy! very slow! (The Merida is a lot more comfortable!)

I missed the mountains! so I thought I would climb up the steepest hills :-)

I cycled along the Wilts & Berks Canal cycleway from Chippenham to Lacock.

Then I turned right and cycled up Nash Hill, I stopped and took a photy at the bottom, It does get steeper!

At the top I turned right onto the A342 at Sandy Lane then it was downhill to Bromham then a right turn toward Melksham I stopped at the top of another descent and took some pictures of the Wiltshire countryside :-)

In the distance the Hills at Westbury could clearly be seen...(I think I shall be heading of and climbing them again soon!)

At Melksham it was a right turn and the start of a climb towards Lacock.
The Melksham road ends at a T junction at the foot of Bowden Hill....and my next challenge :-)

I stopped at the top of Bowden Hill to take some arty farty sunset photos


At this point my feet started to get cold!

I continued up the hill to Sandy Lane then it was a right turn and down Old Derry Hill and back to Chippenham :-)

At the idiotic traffic calming feature a complete numpty driver thought he would do 40mph in the 30 and try and overtake me at the same time as I was going through the narrow suicide lane!

The cycle computer had the ride as 21.16 miles in 1 hour 29 minutes with an average speed of 14.1 mph.

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

I think the Dawes (Hybrid) is very incompatible with the Merida (Road Race) and I am really unsure as to the viability of taking it on JOGLE as a spare.

I think it may well get left behind for the summer and get used as a winter trainer.

Ohhhh I only need to do 24.5 miles to have done 1000 miles this month :-)

No comments: