Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 354 (Saturday)

Went for an early morning'ish walk in the woods with Wifey and Rosie (Dog) :-)

Saw the first Blue Bell of the year :-)

When we got back from walkies went shopping and had lunch at the supermarket :-)

When we got back home I set off on a bike ride, I enjoyed last week's 30 mile country roads ride so much, I thought I would repeat it but try and add even more country roads to the equation :-)

I set off out of Chippenham towards Calne and went up Old Derry Hill to Sandy Lane. Then onto the country roads to Heddington and Stockley with a fantastic tail wind and I was hammering along at over 25 mph, I had the feeling that I was going to suffer a head wind later!

As I turned onto the Compton Basset road towards Tockenham I still appeared to be stonking along at 20 mph+ and really enjoying it!

The roads were empty and great:-)

As I started turning into wind I started using the drop bars and I was still doing around 19mph


The whole ride was very enjoyable, it was my first ride in full summer kit and it was nice and warm! I am starting to realise the advantage the road bike gives me over the Dawes (Hybrid)

According to the cycle computer today's ride was 35.05 miles in 1 hour 54 minutes with an average speed of 18.3 mph.

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

Tomorrow I have my first 100 mile ride of the year planned, I am really looking forward to it!

I must be mad!

2 comments:

Russ said...

I can confirm it....you are mad.

Good kuck with the 100 miler tomorrow.

John Berry said...

Thanks Mate :-)