Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day 379 - Over 1000 miles in April

Part 1...
WFH day today. Got up early and loaded the Merida onto the roof of the car, dropped the car off at the garage to get the brakes done, then cycled home the long way :-)

It was quite cold and foggy first thing as I cycled up from Melksham to Devizes I emerged from the clouds into beautiful warm sunshine :-)

I wonder why people drive such short distances through towns, I am certain that I was through Devizes before most of the people in their cars had moved a few feet!

The cycle computer had this mornings ride as 22.78 miles in 1 hour 22 minutes with an average speed of 16.5 mph.

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

I have now cycled 1012.09 miles so far in April.....

Part 2...
I worked through lunch, then set off to pick the car up at 2:30 pm.

The A350 can be a bit of a mad road so I opted to cycle through Lacock and up Nash Hill, then down through Bromham and finally through Melksham to Bowerhill.

The Cycle Computer had the ride as 15.41 miles in 59 minutes.

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

Part 3...
It was such a nice sunny evening and wifey had gone out so I thought it would be nice to go for a cycle ride :-)

Some sort of madness in me thought it would be interesting to cycle up all of the local steep hills in one session (Except Nash Hill because I did that one today already)

So I set off and pedaled up Bencroft Hill, cycled around the countryside a bit then swept back round and up Wick Hill. Then it was down and up into Studley and I joined the A342 towards the top of Derry Hill, I cycled down Nash Hill went down and around Lacock then cycled up Bowden Hill and then headed back home down Old Derry Hill.

The ride elevation profile looks very interesting :-)


The Cycle Computer had the ride as 28.51 miles in 1 hour 58 minutes with an average speed of 14.4 mph.

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

I have now cycled 1056.21 miles this month!

No comments: