Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 351

Part 1...

Set the alarm for 6am and got out on the bike at 6:20 ish, It was light enough to see easily but dark enough that I needed to have front and rear lights on to be seen!

It was also quite cold and I was glad that I dressed up in the winter woolies.

I did my 'normal 25' route and the cycle computer had the ride as 25.79 miles in 1 hour 31 minutes with an average speed of 16.8 mph.

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

The traffic this week was considerably less than two week's ago, I think the 10 minutes earlier start this morning helped, I think it would be better still if I aimed to get out at 6:10 - That would get me back home before the mad rush of people going to work begins.

Part 2...
Stopped work at 4:30 and set of on another 'normal 25'- mainly to avoid the 5 o'clock mad traffic, this time it was a lot warmer and a lot sunnier, but the dormant day meant I felt very lethargic!

After the first 5 miles however I warmed up and things thundered along :-)

The cycle computer had the ride as 25.70 miles in 1 hour 31 minutes with an average speed of 16.7 mph.

The RunGPS track can be found here...

The double 25 went well again today and any concerns that it may be to much on top of a working day appears to be unfounded.

No comments: