Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 371

Got in from work, put shorts and t-shirt on and wheeled the Merida outside and gave it a bit of a clean.

Had intentions of changing the chain but measuring it showed that there was no stretch yet :-) (I measured from the 1 inch marker to the 13 inch marker)

Although a close look at the rear brake blocks showed that I needed to replace them.....again.....

I also lubed the cables a little and made sure everything was set up correctly :-)

Spent the rest of the evening playing computer games.

3 comments:

DaveTheA said...

That chain is skanky ... clean it!

John Berry said...

Dave you may not have seen a well used chain before.....The chain you refer to as Skanky is in fact cleaned and re-oiled weekly.

The grimey look you refer to is due to the thing being well used and not parked up in shed/garage!

:-)
You may quote this back to me on Saturday/Sunday when I am collapsed in a heap half way up a mountain......

DaveTheA said...

You'll have to teach me about cleaning chains ...

I thought that since they came out the packet greased they would be alright for a lifetime of trips to the pub ;-)