Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 47 (Sunday)

Today was another good day ;-)

Bit of a repeat actually! got up early did normal Sunday house tidy chores had porridge the went for 5 mile slow ride with Rosie and wifey.

Had a couple of ham rolls for lunch then at 1pm went for a cycle ride, again I cycled in directions I haven't been in over 20 years!
It was very strange to cycle past my parents house - They are both now deceased, I must admit the ride seamed easier than it did when I was a kid, I suppose the effort I am putting in is paying off as well as the light weight and well geared bike!

I ended up cycling down a VERY busy A road form Beanacre to Chippenham, the sort of one I have been dreading going down, I guess my confidence has grown with my ability as the experience was NOT all bad.

I intended to do 30 miles and I ended up doing 32.57 miles in 2 hours 13 mins.

Giving today a day total of 37.57 miles and a weekend total of 95.32 miles! Ohhhhh I am well happy with that!

I flashed the rom on the phone to the TLR Kaiser 21.05.08 it appears to have helped trackme perform properly, so the Day 47 route is plotted correctly

Today was a lot tougher than yesterday! My knees were already aching and my butt started aching at 10 miles, I think I need to ignore the cycle computer, I end up watching the miles tick over like watching the second hand of a clock tick! I think now its time to bring out the MP3 player and head bang to Iron Maiden and Metallica whilst burning up the miles ;-)

This weekend was very enjoyable, but the time commitment of doing this sort of miles may be difficult to maintain. I think I will try and do a biggy ride once a week and curtail my ambition in favour of family time on the second weekend day! Although I still intend to do a back to back 100, but that can wait until the end of the year!

I am now very confident that I can do the planned Chippenham -> Chesil Beach ride in July (80 Miles)

No comments: