Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 60 (Saturday)

Tada...Today is Day 60 ..some sort of milestone I guess

Started of with a nice bowl of cereal and a child out slow morning ;-)

Took Rosie out for a fab walk at Morgan's Hill, the wild Orchids are out and the whole hillside was a blanket of wild flowers and grasses.





It would be really good to take the mountain bike there as the paths are quite interesting.



When we got back from the walk, We had some rice for lunch I then set out on the Dawes for a really nice afternoon ride, the plan was to try the ride out I have in mind for the 28th when Mic, Marian and Nathan come down for a ride :-)

The ride was great... 48 miles (2 Miles shy of Mic's requested 50) It does however take in some of Wiltshire's best - Avebury (sort of ;-), Silbury Hill, West Kennet Long Barrow, West Woods, The Barge Inn at Honeystreet (Ohhh they sell Green Goblin Cider), Lacock

The planned route can be seen here... (Planned for the 28th and performed by me today :-)

It was a bit strange cycling to a pub and not actually going in!!!!! (Ideally at the half way point 25 miles)

I really must learn to take enough liquid with me! I had two 500ml bottles, I had finished them both and ended up cycling into Lacock village to an Ice Cream van and buying an Ice Lolly because I was parched.

So Today I did 48.5 miles and the psycho computer has it at 3 hours 9 mins (It actually has the distance at 49.5 miles!)

went in to Cycle shop this morning and they reckon the SPD peddles and shoes will be in on Monday......(Sort of excited and concerned in the same breath!)

Ohhhh Had BBQ for tea ;-) Experimented with BBQ cod poached in parcels with lemon, white wine and spring onion - It worked perfectly ;-)

The 2 bottles of GG are turning the evening very mellow... (Planning tomorrow's ride already ;-)

No comments: