Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 64

WFH Day ;-)

Went out for the Chip > Calne > Lyneham > Dauntsey > Chip Ride, It seams like ages since I last did it. It also seamed a LOT easier ;-) Even with the tough return cycling into 17 MPH SSW winds.

I did the 21.5 miles in 1 Hour 27 Min....Not the worlds fastest time but hell it was windy!

I tried the heart rate sensor for the first time today, It does appear to work well although it doesn't record the maximum rate???? but it does have a hidden bonus of stopping the trip showing so no more watching the miles drag by ;-)

The shoes and pedals have arrived ;-) Still reading everywhere horror stories of people unable to detach there feet from the pedals! and falling over with feet still attached to the bike

I intend to fit them tomorrow evening after I get back from the ride (10 miler Probably on Mountain Bike). I will practise clipping in and out before I set off anywhere!

I have decided it would be a good idea to cycle to Mic 'n' Marian's house for a weekend in August It will be somewhere between 90 miles (Autoroute no Main roads) or 70 miles (Gmap using mainly A4 ) (Each way) I must admit I am drawn to the Autoroute map although much longer the quiet country roads do sound appealing ;-)

No comments: