Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 71

Today was a WFH day....

I set of for ride at 4:30, the wind was strong again (Lyneham had the wind speed at 22 mph Westerly Gusting to 36 mph)

I set off towards Dauntsey, Climbing up Dauntsey Banks, Lyneham through Calne and returned back to Chippenham. I did the 21 miles in 1 Hour 20 mins ;-)

I did have a disaster at Dauntsey..... I fell off ;-(

I came up to a junction and saw a car coming, Thinking it would be going at mach 2 I didn't un-clip my foot, It was a learner - It was going at learner day 1 pace, I overbalanced couldnt un-unclip and fell ;-(

Luckily the bike fell on top of me so it wasn't damaged (apart from a small scratch on the pedal) ;-) Unfortunately I grazed my knee and have a sore wrist...... (And I feel more than a little embarrassed) But a new lesson learnt - Always un-clip at a junction!

Here's some photies of damage and embarrassed me.

Grazed Knee


Grazed pedal


Embarrassed me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and this is after i told him to be careful

Anonymous said...

the 'Embarrased me' photo is fantastic, but i bet you didn't read the manual for the shoes forst, especially the bit that says 'Unclip at every junction'

Anonymous said...

Its taken Louise 2 days to recover from laughing at your junction incident.

John Berry said...

Hmmmm I was in pain.......;-)