Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 65

Managed to get son to go on ride today ;-)

We cycled to Lacock and up Bowden Hill and stopped for a nice pint of cider (me), Guinness (son) before cycling back home again for tea.

When I returned I fitted the new pedals to the Dawes and set up the cleats on the shoes. I had a little practise at getting the shoes hooked up and more importantly un-hooked. They seem OK ;-)

The heel twist to unlock, Is positive but not awkward ;-) The cleats allow the foot to rock which is nice as the toe clips didn't allow any foot swivel at all.

I will see more on the first real ride with them on Saturday but the first impressions are good!.

Here's some photies of pedals n cleats n things...

The existing pedals....


The new (Shimano PD-R540 Pedals)


The New Shoes without cleats fitted


And with the cleats fitted..

No comments: