Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 61 (Sunday)

Got up early (as usual!) Porridge for breky, took Rosie for a nice walk around the river.

went out on cycle ride at 10am(ish) not really sure where or how far I was going to go.

I ended up doing 51.6 miles! I cycled to Corsham, Bath, Kingsdown, South Wraxall (I stopped at the church and visited my grandfather, grandmother and uncles grave), Trowbridge, Steeple Ashton, Devizes then back through Calne (The gmap can be seen here) Trackme appeared to work reasonably well today as well. And to top it all I have finally set up the wireless cycle computer so that it agrees with the mileage (Wheel size now set to 2105mm)

I really...NO REALLY enjoyed it. But I definitely ran out of energy when I reached Devizes I stopped at a garage and bought some grub and a topup drink. Whilst I was stopped I was fortunate enough to meet another cyclist (Andy Gibbons) who is on day 1 of a 2000 mile ride! From Bedfordshire to Lands End to John O Groates and back to Bedfordshire.. read here he seemed 'normal' , so there is hope for us!

This weekend I have cycled over 100 miles! Yesterday 48.5 today 51.6 = 100.1 miles ;-)

All I need to do is do that in 1 day! The total ride time is not that bad at just over 7.5 hours - But if today is anything to go by the fatigue hits suddenly!

Sorry about this but I feel the need to post a picture of my grandparents grave.....Morbid I know but I feel I have to! (I was named after my uncle who died in a motorcycle accident he was David John - I am John David, It still gives me goose bumps)



My grandfather had a really cool name Ezra...Shame I cannot remember him ;-( and my grandmother died before I was born).

No comments: