Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 36

I did the 22 miles Chippenham, Calne, Lyneham, Dauntsey, Chippenham ride on the new bike ;-)

OMG it was so much easier! The hand grips are comfortable my hands are NOT numb!

The pedal toe clips may have to go though!

The cycle computer on the bike had a MAX speed on 39 MPH and an Average Speed of 15.3 MPH I did the distance in 1hour 27min.

The gel saddle made a difference as well ;-)

I am no longer worried about my lardy bulk buckling the wheels straight away, They seem good and strong and well up to the job!

Here's some photies of the bike, hand grips and suspension seat post/gel saddle




























The books arrived today, I have scanned through them and there's some good info in them about cadence and general bike set-up.

Although I have already learnt my lesson about Seat height and handlebar height!

I have also fitted the LED lights on the mountain bike, They seem to work well but I think I would prefer 'normal' lights on the Dawes, but time will tell!

No comments: