Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 29

Today was a WFH day.

I started work at 7 had my doc's appointment at 8:30 and was back home at 9. I am fit ;-), I worked through till 5.

Today was a first, I did a mid week 20 mile ride (Well actually 23 miles ;-)

It was very tough start as there was a head wind, when I got to Lyneham and the home stretch I had a tail wind ;-). (This John'O to land end may be very tough as I feel we may have a head wind all the way south, unless we are very lucky!)

Having some money left over from stuff, I have had enough to buy the new bike. I have opted for the 2007 Dawes Discovery 601, Being a 2007 model it has a HUGE price reduction ;-)
No disk brakes :-( No Suspension forks :-( But a very good frame and very good gears, with some very good reviews ;-) . The plan is to use the new bike for weekend road distance and the old mountain bike for mid week. (And wet and winter)

Lets hope I have made the right decision!... I was drawn towards disk brakes, and suspension but I think the better frame and gears are the right way to go!...I hope!

Ohhhh added some stats onto top right of site ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh but John, is it shiney enough?

And those disk brakes look really really cool.

Out of interest... is it new enough??

John Berry said...

But Joy its not about age or shiney-ness its about quality and fit for purpose ;-)

Anonymous said...

...for that you have to define the purpose, and i recon that as its for weekends and fair wether its got to be for posing, and therefore, "How shiney is it?" is a valid question.