Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 32 (Saturday)

I woke up early this morning. So I got up, had brecky and set off at 8:30 ish
I cycled Chippenham, Calne, Avebury, Devizes, Lacock, Chippenham
A round trip of 32 miles.

It started of slow into a head wind, the long drawn out uphill of Cherhill was easier than I expected, I even over took some other cyclists ;-) , as I turned the corner at Avebury the wind was behind me and my speed shot up to 17.5 Mph, which I hoped would drive me all the way home. (I think my average speed was about 15 mph as well!)

Unfortunately after Devizes either I changed direction or the wind did and I was cycling into a head wind again!

I still managed to do the whole trip in 2 hours 38 mins!

When I got home I went for a walk with Rosie after walking her back home I went for a walk and bought some new Trainers (Well actually Boots :-), Then I cut the grass.

I have bought 2 books.
1) The Essential Touring Cyclist
2) The Complete Book of Long Distance Cycling

Joy has been telling me that I should NOT be training so hard, That I need recovery time, should warm up / cool down properly. I am hoping that the books will help me understand how to do things properly!

Ohhhh just got an email to say my NEW shiny bike has been dispatched and will be with me on Monday ;-)

2 comments:

Nath & Becks said...

Hi John,

Im still in Florida we leave on Tuesday night. Will be back in work on Thursday! I have been reading your blog everyday...you are doing really well. My training will begin at the beginning of June. Im afraid America has not been the best preparation so far!!!!

I also wanted to let you know that no matter how shiny your new bike is mine will be just a little bit more shiny, I also think that mine will a an ibike, you know the sort!!

See you thursday
Nathan

John Berry said...

My bike is going to be kept in doors and only alowed out when the sun is shining and there is NO chance of rain!

I am just hoping I have gone for the right bike!