Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 408

Got home from work...had BBQ :-)

Then packed all of the cycle clothing....well Wifey did after I had surveyed the proposed clothing.....I wasn't actualy trusted to put it in the bag.....Perhaps my idea of packing isnt the same as wifey's?????

I chopped up a car auxilary power plug and extension lead I put some crocodile clips on the ends of the wires to connect directly to the car battery, this in conjunction with a battery voltage protector should allow me to recharge gps, phone etc over night without mains voltage and without flattening the car battery.

I then packed up the bike spares, cleaning/oiling kit and tools.

Then finaly I packed up the laptop, chargers and the cycle backpack (Light weight water proofs will be with me all of the time!)

We are almost ready to go.....Just one more day of work........

Was interested to see what our daily distances and total mileage will be...
Day 1 102.35
Day 2 96.19
Day 3 95.66
Day 4 93.65
Day 5 64.44
Day 6 108.63
Day 7 72.14
Day 8 86.03
Day 9 82.83
Day 10 95.46
Day 11 61.17
Total 958.55

Slightly less than I thought!!!

1 comment:

DaveTheA said...

Good luck to you and Joy; you need to take it easy and ease into the adventure. I look forward to joining you BOTH next weekend. Im glad you'll be coming off a big 100 mile day and I'll get left to look like a professional!!