Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 387

Wifey bought me some more cycle gear from Aldi today :-)

When I got home I changed into a new pair of shorts and top and went for a rather wet and windy cycle ride.

I planned on doing my 'normal 20' but there was another major accident on the A3102 near Hilmarton (The second one in a week) and the road was closed :-(

I turned around and battled against a headwind and headed for Calne town centre, a 4x4 thing overtook me and braked instantly to give way to cars coming the other way- I braked and the rear tyre skidded on the wet road (I was hoping the now slick rear tyre would last another week or two! I now guess it won't) Thankfully I stopped! But I did treat the rest of the ride with a bit of caution.

Once in Calne centre I headed for the country, when I was at a point that I could head home I realised that my ride would only be about 15 miles...so I headed in the wrong direction to get a few more miles!

I must be mad, it was wet, windy and poor light! But I was enjoying it!

When I got home and got in the shower, I didn't feel cold but the hot water felt like it was stinging on my hands and legs, but on my body it just felt warm. It was a very strange sensation and I guess means that my hands/arms and legs were in fact cold!

The cycle computer had tonight's ride as 25.67 miles in 1 hour 41 minutes with an average speed of 15.1 mph.

Interestingly Lyneham Met office had the wind speed as 11 mph SSW and the temperature as 10.4 deg - Not cold! I will have to watch the effect of rain and wind on my body temperature, over the winter I had lots of extra layers on and I was conscious of keeping warm.

The RunGPS plot of the ride can be found here...

No comments: