Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day 382 (Saturday)

Got up early and it was sunny :-)

Made Porridge for breaky, then went for a walk in West Woods with Wifey and Rosie (Dog)

The Blue Bells are well and truly out and looking as stunning as ever!
We actually saw some deer amongst the Blue Bells, but they were a bit to camera shy and I was a bit to slow!

I have been guessing how far our 'normal' woods' walk is for a fair while so I decided to gps track it today...the RunGPS plot can be found here... (As you can see I stopped a few time to take photies :-)

On the drive back from the woods we saw a sign that's up there with "Giant Car Boot Sale" and "Slow Work Men in Road" :-)

Exactly why would people run slowly in the road?

When we got back from the walk we went to the supermarket for lunch and did some shopping for the weekend.

On arriving back home I gave the bike a quick clean and then set of for a completely unplanned ride :-)

I set of on the A4 towards Patterdown and then turned towards Lacock and headed up Naish Hill (We have now worked out that it is Naish Hill NOT Nash Hill). At the top I headed onto the A342 after cycling through Sandy Lane I turned of the busy road and headed cross country to Headington and Stockley.

Sandy Lane has one of the coolest wooden thatched churches I have ever seen!

From Headington and Stockley I headed out towards Tockenham then Dauntsey, turning right to the Somerfords, at Sutton Benger I headed back down the A4 then turned right to Foxham.

I finally cycled up Wick Hill then down Bencroft Hill and Stanley Lane arriving back home at 5pm.

The cycle computer had the ride as 44.5 miles in 2 hours 29 mins with an average speed of 17.8 mph.

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

1 comment:

DaveTheA said...

Well done, mountain billy goat berry! I attempted to get to Porlock and nearly died ten times over ... check Watchet Ballbreaker on Bikely. I went over two climbs that were easily as bad as I reckon Porlock would be. You should see Dunkely Hill! I decided that I should go home and warm up ... what crap weather, cold and windy.