Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 400

Work from home today :-)

Part1...
I got up at 5:45 am and was out on the bike at 6am! The sun was already up :-) but the roads were still damp so the bike got dirty :-(

I headed out on my 'Normal' Wednesday morning 25 miles and it felt great :-)

Unfortunately I was almost taken out by somebody at a roundabout, I was already on it and heading straight on and they pulled out from the left without seeing me! I was about an inch off the front wing of the car - and nothing I could do about it! I had my lights on and a high vis jacket on.

Luckily I did not collide with either the car or the road and it will be chalked up as another experience!

The cycle computer had the ride as 25.8 miles in 1 hour 33 mins with an average speed of 16.5 mph.

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

Part 2...

Got back out on the bike at 4:30 and did the 'Normal 25', the sun was out and the gnats were out in force!

The cycle computer had the ride as 25.70 miles in 1 hour 38 minutes with an average speed of 15.6 mph.

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

It was nice to be able to cycle in the sun again :-) Thinking about having one last long ride at the weekend before JOGLE.....Well it is a bank holiday......

No comments: