Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 396 (Saturday)

Set of out on a shortish cycle ride at 8:45 am, the weather forecast was for dry weather for the morning and rain in the afternoon.

I set of towards Corsham and then headed back towards Lacock stoping on Mon's Lane over the river bridge to spy on a Heron :-)

There was one hell of a wind blowing and the weather kept on threatening to rain.

When I got to the top of Naish Hill I headed towards Headington and Stockley.

It was the a very fast ride to Tockenham - The Lyneham Met office had the windspeed at 19 mph gusting to 35 - And it was a Tail Wind at one point I was doing over 31 mph on the straight and level :-)

(I hoped the picture would show the strength of wind in the tree - I was cycling through a cross wind)

At Dauntsey unfortunately it was payback time and I was cycling into the wind!

The cycle computer had the ride as 40.17 miles in 2 hours 35 mins with an average speed of 15.4 mph

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

It was good to be back on the Merida - It was soooooo much faster and smoother than the Dawes. It was also very good to be able to get down out of the wind!

Although the Dawes is fun for getting out on the cycle paths where the Merida cannot go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read about you in the Gazette this evening.All the best for the End to End cycle ride