Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 384 (Bank Holiday Monday)

Had a fantastic lie in!

Eventually got up and did the normal Sunday tidy up (Put back a day due to yesterday's cycle ride).

I then busied myself cleaning and re-oiling the Merida, it had been suffering from a sticky rear de-railleur. (Not any more!)

Whilst I was cleaning the bike I missed a phone call from the local papers photographer :-( The picture will now be taken on Wednesday..

I set of on a nice short ride at 1:30, into a rather harsh headwind (Lyneham observation had it at 19 mph WSW gusting to 31 mph).

I headed out of Chippenham to Corsham (Via country lanes) then headed to Pickwick and Five Ways before turning towards Atworth and Shaw, where I had a rather good Tail Wind :-)

At Shaw I turned left and cycled up Goodes Hill, at the bottom of the descent I turned right toward Lacock then up Naish Hill. Then it was a right turn at Sandy Lane and a head wind back home.

The cycle computer had the ride as 23.59 miles in 1 hour 36 mins with an average speed of 14.6 mph.

The RunGPS plot of the ride can be found here...

Ohhhhh going to see Saxon tonight in the O2 Academy in Bristol :-)

No comments: