Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day 390 (Sunday)

Got up early and went for a walk in the woods with wifey and Rosie (Dog).

When we got home I cut the grass then vacumed/cleaned the house.

After lunch I set about removing the mudguards and fitting the SPD pedals on the Dawes (I am on a training course next week and am going to take the Dawes for some evening cycle rides around Staines and Windsor), I also changed the tyres on the Peugeot road bike (Nathan has kindly given the bike to me - Thank you Nathan) I fitted some part worn tyres from the Merida :-)

I then set of for a nice cycle ride down the Chippenham/Calne cycle way - I was enjoying the ride so much I continued to Headington and Stockley then headed towards Lacock down Naish Hill and returned home on the Lacock/Chippenham cycle way.

The cycle computer had the ride as 17.9 miles in 1 hour 19 minutes with an average speed of 13.5 mph.

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

When I got back from the ride I fitted a cycle computer and a saddle tool bag to the Peugeot and took it out for a short 10 mile ride.

I did find the gearing on the Peugeot a little tough for the steep 1:6 Bencroft Hill climb but other than that it was a lovely smooth ride :-)

The cycle computer had the ride as 10.1 miles with an average speed of 15.6 mph

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

No comments: