Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 392

Woke up at my normal 5:15 am......although I am in walking distance of the office where I am on my course and I don't have to be there until 9:30 am and the hotel breakfast didn't start until 7:30 am. I suppose as soon as I get used to normal people's hours I will be back to normal work!

I got back to the hotel at 5:20'ish, got changed then set of on the bike at 5:45'ish.

I enjoyed my ride around Windsor Great Park so much yesterday that I thought I would repeat it, this time making a bit more of a direct route to the castle and coming back to the hotel through the Windsor Great Park.

I didn't take any pictures yesterday of the wooded are in the park so here are some to make up for it!



As I was leaving the public access fenced in area of the park I noticed the rules and regulations of the park. (You can click on the picture and it is a high enough resolution to read)

Interesting that the penalty for breaking any of the regulations is only £20 - I don't think I will be putting that to the test any time soon!

The cycle way into Windsor was pavement based and most of the people wanted to walk on the cycle part instead of the pedestrian part.


This time I made a point of taking photos at the castle!


After the Castle I headed on towards Eton then Datchet and then back along the edge of the Windsor Great Park

I used the cycle path on the dual carriageway both on the outward and return journeys.

I made it back to Staines just in time by the looks of the sky...


The cycle computer had todays' ride as 20.84 miles in 1 hour 55 mins with an average speed of 10.8 mph (Some of the cycleways were very poor surface and the head wind was a bit of a killer).

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

I had a phone call today from the local paper (Gazette & Herald) I am going to be in it on Thursday :-)

They asked for some before pictures of me before I found the path to enlightnment.....They scare me...

I am still a little overweight now. Its amazing what a difference a little excerise and watching what you eat can do! (Although it does take a bloody long time!)

1 comment:

John said...

Best of luck. We'll keep an eye out for you! Somewhere in Scotland maybe...