Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 394

Good to be back home from the training course. Being a country bumpkin it was a bit of a shock to cycle down some very busy city roads.

I managed to pick up the repaired Merida from Peddlers on the way home :-)

Unfortunately it started precipitating at that point and continued in various degrees for the rest of the evening :-(

After tea I set of on the Dawes towards Lacock on the cycle way and went up Naish Hill (Because its there!) and headed along the country roads to Headington and Stockley.

At Calne I headed down the Calne<>Chippenham Cycleway.

The tracks were all very wet and I got back home with most of the track surface on me!

When I got home the bike got a good hosing down and a spray of WD40 on the important bits.

It was great to know exactly where I was going and what the roads were like, I do have grave concerns about not having local knowledge about the JOGLE route.

The cycle computer had tonight's ride as 18.01 miles in 1 hour 21 mins with an average speed of 13.2 mph

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

No comments: