Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 404 (Sunday)

Got up at a sensible time! Had porridge for breakfast then set of at 9:15.

I enjoyed the cycle ride so much the last time I came to Brecon, I thought I would do it again!

I headed along the now familiar roads to the Severn Bridge.


When I got to Chepstow it was a short stretch of busy main road then a left turn on to lovely quite country roads on NCR42
The sun was out and the weather was fantastic :-)

The climb up Gospel Pass was long and uneventfull, the views from the top were clear and amazing.




I was really looking forward to the descent down the other side, unfortunately I ended up following a queue of cars the lead driver was only doing 20 mph and insisted on doing an emergency stop for every corner and every time a car came the other way! I would not be surprised if the brake blocks are worn out again on the bike :-(

The last 5 miles to the campsite seemed like the longest of the day...

There was an interestingly named village along the way :-)

Once I got to the site I met up with wifey and had a well earned can of cider and some ginger buscuits :-)

We cooked some pasta and some cheat carbonara sauce (Can of condensed mushroom soup,fried pancetta and chopped garlic with a little milk to thin it)

The cooking experiment went very well, I had seconds!

The cycle computer had the ride as 87.85 miles in 6 hours 11 minutes with an average speed of 14.2 mph

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

No comments: