Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 397 (Sunday)

Got up at a reasonable time :-) Then started the normal Sunday house tidy chores :-(

Was undecided at which bike I was going to take out. It was raining quite hard most of the morning. Just as I had almost made my mind up to going out on the cycle ways on the Dawes the sun came out and the weather looked reasonable - So I went out on the Merida, setting of from home at 12 ish

I did almost the same route as yesterday - Instead of taking the first right turn to Lacock and going up Naish Hill I took the second turn and went up Bowden Hill and instead of going straight on at Tockenham and heading directly to Dauntsey I turned right and headed to Dauntsey indirectly.

The smell of Ransomes (Garlic like smell) at the top of Bowden Hill is still fantastic :-)


There had been a lot of rain and there was lots of standing water.

As I headed towards Headington the sky was very threatening, the wind was howling and generally it wasnt very nice.

Then it started to rain, and I got my first of many drenchings!

Things although wet weren't to bad, until I turned into wind! It was a very good job I had cycle glasses on! The rain was actually stinging.


The cycle computer had todays ride as 41.71 miles in 2 hours 39 mins with an average speed of 15.7 mph (Lyneham had the wind speed as 19mph SSW gusting to 33 mph)

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

The battery flattened on the GPS at about 39 miles - This time by plan, I need to know how long the batteries take to charge from flat using a usb charger.

The intention during JOGLE is to rotate batteries - keeping them charged up in the car, but we need to know how long they will take to charge!

No comments: