Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 319 (Saturday)

Went for a nice morning walk with wifey and Rosie (Dog), after the walk did weekly shopping and had lunch at the supermarket.

I had planed a nice ride into Bath then onto the cycle way and into Bristol then return via Tormarton and Castle Combe (Route here...)

I downloaded the route plan onto the mobile and started RunGPS, the verbal commands worked very well but without the visual display of the route and expected direction it was a bit awkward to make the correct turns.

Actually finding the start of the Bath - Bristol cycleway was my first problem! I went round in a few ever decreasing circles before I found the start! Once on the cycleway it was very smooth and very fast!


The old rail sidings had some old steam engines parked up.


Unfortunately I didn't find the right turning of the cycleway for the return home stretch and I ended up carrying on into Bristol a little to far, I opted to turn around and return home the way I got there.

The actual route should be available below....

The cycle computer had the ride as 54.36 miles in 3 hours 34 minutes with an average speed of 15.2 mph.

When I got back home, I showered and changed then went out for a fantastic evening meal, on return home I set about making a handlebar phone mount for the Merida.



Well actually I just drilled some holes in the metal case I already had and fitted it to the stem with tie raps.

Ohhhhh today I have done over 5000 miles!!!!!

No comments: