Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 313 (Sunday)

Got up early, did normal house tidy up chores then set of at 10:30 ish towards Calne, Marlborough and Wootton Bassett.

It was a really good fast ride to Marlborough :-) then the long uphill ride from Marlborough to the white horse at Hackpen was really slow, it is quite a climb and there was a 15+ mph wind in my face!

Although it was worth it to go down the other side :-)



When I got to Wootton Basset I stopped at the mother in laws, met up with wifey who had brought some clothes to put over the cycle kit and some tools for me :-) and I set about fixing the fence and cutting down a tree (I always enjoy using the chain saw)

After a 2 hour stop I set on towards Dauntsey, Sutton Benger, Wick Hill, Stanley Lane and finally Chippenham. (Route Here...)

On Sutton Lane I managed to stop and take a picture of some deer :-)

Seeing wildlife is one of the things I really enjoy about cycling, I hardly ever manage to take a photo as the things are nearly always running or flying away from me.

When I got home I showered and changed, then cooked a fab garlic and rosemary studded roast lamb.

After tea I finaly got around to washing the Dawes and fitting the new chain. It looks like the link I fitted to the Shimano chain had failed :-( The new chain is a KMC chain with a missing link. I think all of my future chains will be KMC the chain seems so much better.

The cycle computer had today's ride as 50.30 miles in a ride time of 3 hours 13 minutes with an average speed of 15.6 mph (Ohhh I think this might actually be my first 100 mile weekend of 2009)

The weather this weekend was perfect :-) Today I didn't wear any thermal gear at all, just cycle trousers, t-shirt and cycle jacket - I am really looking forward to the spring/summer now :-)

No comments: