Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 306 (Sunday)

Got up, did normal Sunday house tidy chores.

Took Rosie (Dog) for a short walk then went shopping with wifey, had brunch out at the supermarket :-)

When we got back home I set of on a 50 mile ride on the Merida :-) I had to stop at 40 miles to fix a friends computer :-(

The first 40 miles took me to Calne -> Marlborough -> Broad Town -> Wootton Bassett -> Dauntsey the stopped at Sutton Benger.

The stop was actually very useful as the temperature has obviously picked up a little and I ran out of drink! (The first time that has happened since last year!)

It was really good to cycle down the white horse hills instead of up them! (Although the total climb and descent is the same, the horse sides are always steeper)

You can see the continuing road at the bottom of the hill, and yes a steep road goes down the hill!

I travelled along the top of the hills that I could see on my ride yesterday, and the snow was still very much in evidence.

I stopped in Sutton Benger for about 30 minutes, whilst I was there I filled up my water bottle then set of on my normal route home, over Wick Hill and down Bencroft Hill (10 Miles)

It was really happy as I had no problems on the Merida climbing up the 1:6 of Wick Hill :-)

The cycle computer has todays ride as 49.95 miles in 3 hours 9 mins with and average speed of 15.8 mph

No comments: