Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 312 (Saturday)

Got up early and cycled to Calne on the Merida for it first service.... Wifey picked me up and we went on to the Savernake Forest to take Rosie (dog) for a walk.

On the way back we stopped at Marlborough street market and bought lunch, then parked up on the Ridgeway overlooking the Barrows on Overton Hill and consumed it:-)

We got back to the cycle shop and I picked the bike up at just gone 12....Then I set of on an absolutely brilliant ride :-)

I didn't have any real route in mind, I headed towards Marlborough then decided I would go to Devizes then I headed towards Pottern then I thought it might be a good idea to cycle up Westbury white horse hill...

I must admit I did find it easier this time than I did the last time I tried it!!!

The view at the top is absolutely brilliant and on a clear day like today you can see for miles...

I cycled on over the hill and down the other side towards Westbury then turned back towards Bratton Village and along the road that goes under the white horse.

At Bratton I turned left to Steeple Ashton, and I actually got around to stopping and taking some photo's of some old fuel pumps that have been sitting unused for decades.
Anywhere else they would have been removed long ago, but I actually like them :-)

From Steeple Ashton I cycled to Melksham, Past my old Secondary school at Shaw (Which apparently is now a School that announces itself as a Technology College), Past my old Primary School then Gastard and Home...The route can be seen here...

The cycle computer had the ride as 51.72 miles in 3 hours 23 minutes with an Average speed of 15.2 mph.

I wore to much! it was NOT a winter woollies day, but I did, the weather forecast yesterday was for a cold day 2 deg ish, at 1300 it was 11 degrees.

No comments: