Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 291 (Saturday)

Got up at normal time,

We (Wifey and me) took Rosie (Dog) for a nice long walk in the woods.

Got back home as 12, had lunch (Pancakes) but the Merida on the Turbo Trainer for a final test of the gears (I adjusted them last Sunday), and to ensure that the seat position was right in relation to the peddles.

At about 1:30 I set of on the Merida for a bit of a random cycle ride, I knew I wanted to head home in an Easterly direction and wifey suggested heading North, so I did...

I went Chippenham, Malmsbury, Wootton Bassett, Broad Town, Avebury, Calne then Chippenham (Route Here...)

The cycle computer had the ride as 44.68 miles in 2 hours 49 minutes with an average speed of 15.8 mph, Lyneham met office had the Temperature at 4.3 Deg C with an Easterly wind blowing at 18 mph.

I have been interested in the energy requirements of cycling lately,I have investigated exactly what the GDA means on food labelling (It is to average be of any real use!) I know I have been loosing serious weight and I thought it was about time I actually understood what my Calorie usage and required intake was. According to the Cycle Calorie Calculator today's ride burned 2,952 calories!

No comments: