Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 274

Worked from home today, almost didn't go out for lunch time ride as the pavements on the early morning dog walk were treacherous!

At 11 am Lyneham had the temperature at 0.8 deg C, at 11:30 I decided that I wouldn't go, then I started to feel guilty! and 10 minutes later I was changed ready to go!

The new rear cassette turned up so I decided to fit it before setting off.

Due to the later start I opted for the old 20 mile Lyneham ride (Route Here...), without the 1:6 Wick Hill and long trawl of Stanley Lane the ride seemed like a Sunday afternoon amble in the park! Even with the relatively cold temperature and a 6mph Southerly I still did the 21.66 miles in 1 hour 20 Minutes.

The new cassette worked a dream with no chain jumping at all on the small gear. I am still undesided at exactly how worn it was....(The new one is on the right)


And just so Dave can see the broken down and assembled cassette heres some more photo's

No comments: