Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 271 (Sunday)

Got up, did normal Sunday house tidy, then took Rosie for a walk along the canal.
It was really nice :-)

Although the canal was still frozen...

We stopped at 'The Barge' at Honeystreet for Sunday lunch and I had one more cider than I promised myself! (Well they do serve Green Goblin :-)

We got back home at about 2 o'clock, I had a nice cup of tea :-) and got changed to go out for a ride. (I eventually set of at about 3:15)

I did my 'normal 25', although there was a healthy wind blowing (15mph Southerly, Gusting to 30) because the temperature was milder (7.8 deg) The ride actually felt easier, it was nice NOT to get frozen feet :-)

The cycle computer had the ride as 25.64 miles with an average speed of 14.4 mph.

I got back home at 5pm and it was dark! Then I had to clean the bike again...again...again...It must be the most cleaned and oiled bike on the planet! Somewhere on the ride the back light had departed from the bike :-( so I had to fit a spare one I had lying around (on wifeys bike :-)

No comments: