Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 285 (Sunday)

Got up, did normal Sunday morning house tidy up...Porridge for breakfast.

After yesterdays long ride on the Merida, I did some more handlebar tweaks to try and lessen the load on the hands. I turned the stem upside down to gain another inch or two in height.

Then I gave the Merida a good clean with a damp cloth.

After lunch I went for my 'normal 25' ride on the Dawes, I had to cycle through some deep flood water on Sutton Lane.

I was expecting to see a major flood on Maud Heaths Causeway as this is where the road normally floods but to my surprise there was no sign of any flood water.

The climb up the 1:6 of Wick Hill did seem very tough today, I am not sure if it as a result of yesterday's ride or if it was the minor head wind.

On return home it was yet another wash and oil for the Dawes.

The cycle computer has today's ride as 25.62 miles in 1 hour 45 minutes with an average speed of 14.5 mph.

I am really looking forward to the brighter evenings so I can get back out on the bike during the week, I want to get back to doing my old 20 mile route and see how much I have improved, on the down side it will be pretty depressing if I haven't improved!

No comments: