Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 348 (Sunday)

Got up at some time or other.....Body clock doesn't like the clock change.

Did normal Sunday house tidy chores, was going to go for my 'normal 25' ride but the weather was so nice I went for a 30 mile ride instead :-)

I plotted a route form Chippenham to Calne (A4) then country roads to Compton Bassett, Highway, Bushton, Tockenham, Dauntsey, Foxham, Avon, Tytherton Lucas, Stanley then back to Chippenham. It was really nice to get of the main roads and you almost feel safer!

Saying that some of the stretches of road were very straight and very fast on the bike :-)

The cycle computer had today's ride as... 30.92 miles in 1 hour 52 minutes with an average speed of 16.4 mph.

The RunGPS plot can be found here...

Had lunch when I got back, then spent the afternoon in the garden tidying up and do various spring time garden chores.

When all the chores were done I spent some quality time cleaning and oiling the Merida, the Race Blade mudguards had been causing a little damage to the paintwork on the rear stays, so I have decided that I will leave them of the bike for now, and only fit them when needed. (i.e the forecast says the weather may be pooo, and I dont want to take the Dawes out)

I have decided that my future training plan will be as follows...

Monday's 21 mile Chippenham-> Calne -> Lyneham -> Sutton Benger -> Chippenham loop.
Tuesday's Night Off.
Wednesday's 2 Rides...
Morning 25 Mile Chippenham -> Stanley Lane -> Bencroft Hill -> East Tytherton -> Sutton Benger -> Dauntesy -> Lyneham -> Calne -> Chippenham
Evening 25 mile Chippenham -> Calne -> Lyneham -> Sutton Benger -> East Tytherton -> Wick Hill -> Stanley Lane -> Chippenham
Thursday's 21 mile Chippenham-> Calne -> Lyneham -> Sutton Benger -> Chippenham loop.
Friday's Swimming
Either Saturday or Sunday Long 75 miles plus ride
Either Saturday or Sunday dependant on above 25 mile Chippenham -> Calne -> Lyneham -> Sutton Benger -> East Tytherton -> Wick Hill -> Stanley Lane -> Chippenham.

Of course that's just my plan...If the weather is Pooo then I will opt for the Dawes and do a shorter ride!

If I find the 2 hill bound rides on Wednesday to much then I will drop back to one or both doing 20 mile loops.

No comments: