Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 326 (Saturday)

Had to get up and out on my ride early this morning as I am busy this afternoon.

The Wind Turbine arrived yesterday and I fitted it this morning :-)
(Picture taken after ride so its already a bit dirty :-)

Due to the lack of handlebar space and the number of gadgets I have to use, I resurrected the Space Grip and fitted the front light and cycle computer to it.

All of the extra weight???? and drag??? did not appear to affect my riding, I had a faster run around the 25 miles this morning than I have ever done!

The cycle computer had the ride as 25.71 miles in 1 hour 28 minutes with an average speed of 17.4 mph.

The GPS actually had my average speed up to Wick Hill as 18.5 mph (Unfortunately the 1:6 of the Hill dragged the average down to just over 17 mph)

The wind turbine appeared to work, although I do not think it will power the phone for as long as I had hoped :-(

The RunGPS plot of today's ride can be found here...

No comments: