Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 338

Ahh well ummm, I said I wasn't going to go for an evening ride again until the clocks change for BST, but I thought what if I fit the bright halogen light I have to the Dawes, then I could cycle the cycleways in relative safety :-)

So when I got home I got changed and spent 10 minutes or so fitting the light to the bike :-) When I got to the foot of Nash Hill I hadnt even broken into a sweat (What was my problem last year???) I descided to give Nash Hill a bash....Ok its steep but again not really a problem, I didnt even get out of the saddle.

When I got to the top of the Hill it was dark, so I risked life and limb cycling on to the turning point and coming back down Bowden Hill, wich was very excilerating in the dark. I then went through Lacock village and back to the cycleway.

Even with the bright light the cycleway was quite difficult to navigate as the loose chippings blended well with the grass verge.

It was however much more interesting than sitting on the Turbo Trainer!!!

The RunGPS plot of the ride can be found here...

The cycle computer had the ride as 12.79 miles in 57 minutes with an average speed of 13.1 mph

No comments: