Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 337

Part 1....
Due to the longer daylight time again (Yipeeeee) I have decided to start doing 2 rides again on a Wednesday.. an early morning ride (6:30 start) and a late afternoon ride (4:30 start)

I got up at 6am ish, got changed and faffed around a bit, then set of on the bike at 630ish, I opted for cycling a reverse of my normal 25 route, the roads were very empty and the country lanes very pleasant :-) There was a fantastic sunrise and a thin low mist hanging over the countryside...(Shame I didn't think to take the camera!!!!)

When I got to Lyneham the traffic started building, and I felt a little uncomfortable, As I was pulling back into Chippenham there was so much traffic it was stationary and I could cycle down the outside of them.

The cycle computer had this mornings ride as 25.8 miles in 1 hour 33 minutes with an average speed of 16.5 mph and a top speed of 41 mph

The RunGPS track of the ride can be found here...

Part 2...
Stopped work at just gone 4 and set out on my normal 25 ride, when I got to Hilmarton disaster struck...the phone jumped off the bike! luckily it was not damaged (Other than a scratch or two), I will have to concoct some sort of locking device for the phone carrier to stop it happening again.
This does mean that the rides GPS plot is split in 2, 1 before the incident and 1 after.

Here are the plots...First Part...Second Part

The cycle computer had the ride as 25.71 miles in 1 hour 32 min with an average speed of 16.7 mph

It was a really nice day, I managed to get out on 2 good rides and fit in a complete days work as well!

If I can do over 50 miles AND 8 hours work the JOGLE schedule should not be to much of a problem

No comments: