Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 334 (Sunday)

Got up early and did normal Sunday house tidy chores.

At about 10 I set of towards mother in laws (Wootton Bassett) in an indirect direction via Chippenham, Stanley, Foxham, Christian Malford, Sutton Benger, Seagry, Malmsbury, Kemble, Ewen, Cirencester, Ashton Keynes, Wootton Basset. (About 45 miles)

Aircraft at the end of the runway at Kemble, awaiting dismantling for scrap.

Lovely empty road :-)

I had intended to follow the National Cycle Route 45 from Kemble through the Cotswold Water Park, but the route turned off the country roads and onto an off road gravel path at South Cerney, so I used the RunGPS software to plot a new route to Wootton Bassett and it worked absolutely perfectly :-)

When I arrived at the mother in laws (1230 ish), I parked the bike up (In doors of course!), put some working clothes over the cycle gear, had lunch then set about painting the fence that I repaired a couple of weeks ago.

At about 3pm I set off on the long way home, via Broad Town, Marlborough, Avebury, Calne and Chippenham.

Total round trip was tracked via RunGPS here...

The cycle computer had the ride as..74.05 miles in 4 hours 23 minutes with an average speed of 17mph.

It was a really nice ride, the Wind generator worked perfectly, supplying positive power for nearly 3 hours, then charging intermittently as its own internal battery became depleted.

Today was the longest ride yet on the Merida and I experienced NO problems, NO hand aches and it was a very fast and enjoyable ride :-) I am now really looking forward to the nice weather...

No comments: