Sunday, April 20, 2008

Day5 (Sunday)

Up at 7:30, Normal House tidy session, Followed by Porridge.

went out for Ride at 930 ish set Trackme to 30 second uploads. (Works a treat).
Thought I would attempt to ride up Bowden Hill and complete the Chippenham - Lacock - Sandy Lane ring route.

I bit of more than I could chew. Bowden Hill should be called Bowden Hell it approximately 1 in 4 and I got about Half Way up before turning around and going back the way I came ;-(

On the plus side I have now realised that the Gearing on Big Yellow is complete rubbish.

The GPS plot showed I still did just over 9.2 miles, But I am now up to 13 mph ;-)

This afternoon I rebuilt an 18 gear twist grip Mountain bike, It was wifeys but had a buckled wheel, I swapped the wheels with daughters bike ;-) Now I have a well geared well oiled bike. I took it for a quick road test and w00t I can now go up hills ;-) So I expect to be able to do the Ring route By the end of next week.

My mission for this afternoon is to migrate the CSS and Web server into Linux so I can host my own TrackMe server. Then I can post the GPS plots of my travels ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only you could turn something sporty and outdoors into something this geeky and involve Linux...!!

John Berry said...

Blah....;-)