Sunday, April 27, 2008

Day12 (Sunday)

Went for a really nice walk at Lackham College, A Charity dog walk in aid of the Great Bustard Group It was really nice and much longer than I expected. (although a bit slow!) gmap of walk here.

We had lunch at Lackham , when we got back home I filled up the water bottle with nice cold, ice cold water, got the bike out, fitted the camera and started of cycling (Forgetting to fit the water bottle to the bike!)

Today was a first, I didnt plan my route ahead I knew I wanted to cycle on the cycle path to Calne and I remembered there was a way to get from Headington to Sandy Lane but I wasn't exactly sure how, So I just set of peddled and hoped!

The camera mounted on the bike worked perfectly as can be seen by this piccy

And this one...

Which is more than can be set for the GPS track ;-( it started of OK but then suddenly had me cycling in the middle of the Atlantic .....I corrected the Trackme DB to give the correct route although Time and directions are all bogus ;-( (The correction used the gmaps export as GPX and a fine fettle using excell and sql)

I actually cycled 18 miles ;-) The route was Chippenham, Calne, Stockley, Headington, Sandy Lane, Laycock, Chippenham.

I took a video cycling down Naish Hill ;-) (Compressed and converted to AVI available here)
Or Streamed here...

When I got back home, I emptied the water bottle (I was parched), Then cut the grass and cooked a Cider sauce to have with tea.

To have a look at my hacked Trackme go here (Ignore the time, Direction arrows and speed)

On another note my little finger started tingling yesterday..and eased of untill I cycled today...doing a bit of DIY diagnosis I have tracked it down the the Ulnar Nerve....and O found a nice description.

Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome, "Handlebar Palsy", is an irritation of the ulnar nerve as it runs along the heel of the hand on the ring finger side. The most frequent cause is gripping a bicycle handle bar for extended periods. Onset is gradual and the numbness occurs in the ring and little finger.

Oh well at least tommorow is a swimming day and wifey has banned me from cycling on Tuesday as its my forced day of. (and games night)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John,

V Impressed - Good camera work too.

Take it easy
Nathan

John Berry said...

Thanks m8...Its going better than I expected.