Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 138 (Sunday)

Today was the Nathan organised ride out.

We loaded the bike and gubbins into the car and set of from Chippenham at just gone 8 am, arriving at Nathan's at 9:45 ish.

Marian had already said she was not going to make it :-( but it was a little disappointing to find out that the mysterious Matt Wattis was not present either.

The ride consisted of Nathan, Joy and Myself, with wifey, Becks and Nathan's children all providing support crew ;-)

The ride started out with perfect cycling conditions, dry, cool and slightly overcast.

I showed Joy and Nathan the advantages of slipstreaming, but unfortunately due to differing abilities we kept on spreading out, but I did benefit from sitting on Nathan's rear wheel for most of the ride ;-) only venturing past to take photo's or to go up a hill at my own pace!


We stopped for lunch at a pub in Chadwick End (About 30 miles) and during the stop the weather changed and it started precipitating down.

Apparently my mudguards direct the water torrent off the back wheel directly into the face of the person following ;-) but at least my back remains dry, which is more than can be said for Joy

Photo Courtesy of Nathan


We stopped at Kenilworth Castle for more photies.




And a nice random picture of Nathan and Joy cycling in the rain ;-)



I found the ride FUN ;-) I must try and slow my pace down a little as I am constantly trying to push. I feel that my hill climbing is very strong, On the ride today I only changed out of the top chain ring for junctions and when I was being nice and following the lead up hills.

I think we must try and get out as a complete group on a number of occasions before next May, we must ride as a team or we will all be working into the wind, or at least I will follow Nathan ;-)

Today according to my cycle computer we did 52.31 miles in 3 hours 25 min (Ride time) with an Average speed of 15.3 mph. (The route can be found here...)

Thank you Nathan, Becks, Joy and Wifey for a nice day out.

Ohhh this weekend is now my longest ride weekend 100.13 yesterday and 52.31 today

No comments: