Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 109 (Saturday)

Wifey planned my ride today.

I set of at 9am in the pouring rain planned route was.....



It all went well, although very wet! until I cycled down 3+ miles of hills down into Nailsworth, and I couldn't find the right turn toward Tetbury, (There was 3 potentials but I wasn't inclined to play murder in the dark!), So I turned around and cycled back up the 3+ miles of steep hills to a safer turn into Tetbury.

The route from Chippenham to Nailsworth had me going through Pennsylvania and Petty France so I do feel well travelled.

I stretched before, during and after the ride and it helped!.......Perhaps all of these guru's are right!

Today I cycled 55.78 Miles in 3 Hours 34 Mins with and Average Speed of 15.6 mph The route can be found here... , and trackme actually appeared to work properly!

I also took the camel-back Hydration Pack with me, I do not need it on my 'normal' rides and I have not wanted to take it on a longer ride - just in case I dont get on with it! so hence I have never taken it! It worked well although I need to flush the plastic taste through it....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're going in the direction of Malmsbury again, i noticed a small village nearby, which i need you to stop off at and take a picture, covering up the 'ley' at the end of the village sign. The name of the village......................Twatley!

John Berry said...

No problems dude ;-)

I will take some A4 paper and tape and do a semi permenant job ;-)