Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day 116 (Saturday)

Got up late!!!!!

Boiled up the gubbins to make 2 Worcester cider fruit cakes for anniversary/birthday party ;-)

Set of on my standard Chip -> Calne -> Lyneham -> Dauntsey -> Chippenham ride, with a slight detour to Peddlers cycle shop in Calne.

I tried out the wrap around sunglasses that wifey bought for me and they are really good, only taking them of when the skies darkened and the rain started pouring.



After discussions with Dave last night,my own thoughts on long distance cycle comfort and simply getting out of the wind I have decided to buy another bike in Jan/Feb next year to do JOGLE on. This time I have a bit more experience and know what I want.

I am currently thinking about a Merida Road 903

This mornings ride was 21.93 miles which I did in 1 hour 26 mins, there was a punishing head wind on the home leg and the rain was chucking it down!

On the plus side the clanking noise that stared coming from the bottom bracket stopped when the rain started so I am guessing that lubrication is all that is needed!

No comments: