Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 119

Hmmm rained, then rained a bit more! Let kid's go home because they were more than a bit misserable.

We however are having a great time :-) took Rosie (dog) to Patterdale (she is part patterdale terrior)

We explored 2 of the possible routes
1) Kirkstone pass(we are in a pub and I can't fully remember)
2) Shap fell (A6)

Well I like the challenge of the pass! But the 1400 feet climb over Shap Fell appears to be a much easier probability.

I managed to talk Wifey into a cycle ride around lake Esthwaite when the rain stopped, about half way round the heavens opened again! About 3/4 round the doggy back pack broke :-( I had to cycle back to the campsite pick up the car! then drop the car of and cycle wifey's bike back, unfortunately I forgot the cycle computer so I guess I cycled about 8 miles...I will confirm with gmap when I get home.

Intention is to go for a 40 mile ride tomorrow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi John and Sasha,
Glad you two are still having fun under canvas - Fnarr!
Try http://www.rheged.com/ for a rainy few hours.
Cheers,
mik